Balancing Act: Process & Products in Lactation
Insights into how we approach products marketed to assist in lactation and breastfeeding, ethics of discussing products, and a framework for helping parents make decisions about lactation products.
- Parents are being targeted with marketing of products purported to assist with or support breastfeeding and human milk feeding
- There is a growing need for lactation care providers to consider ethics in relation to lactation-related products and the promotion of chest/breastfeeding and human milk feeding
In this episode of The Lactation Training Lab Podcast, we explore
What is the relationship between ethics & devices?
- Provider bias and knowledge of devices
- Inequities in clients’ access to devices
- Difference between public teaching and direct care/counseling of an individual
Questions or feedback Email [email protected]
or DM me on Instagram @IBCLCinCA